Decatur Pediatric Group encourages you to learn more about the following topics that could affect your child:
- How to Protect Your Children During A Measles Outbreak
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- Influenza Vaccine (Flu Vaccine)
- Childhood Obesity
Decatur Pediatric Group recommends the following links to parents and kids to learn more about health care for children.
Up-to-date information on growth, food and fitness, childhood infections, immunizations, and medical conditions.
know lots of ways to be healthy and have fun!
U.S. government interagency Kids' Portal
Provides easy, online access to nutrition.
- Let's Move
America's Move to Raise a Healthier Generation of Kids
- Safe Kids
National Safe Kids campaign website
Good resource for children and adults with ADD/ADHD
- FDA Kids
Good site for kids to learn about health, nutrition, and immunizations
Excellent information about various health conditions and diseases
- Merck Manual Online Home Edition
The Merck Manual is a standard when it comes to disease information
- Health Child Care America
- American Academy of Pediatrics
The official site of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Pediatric Hospital
Atlanta's own children's hospital
- Mayo Clinic
The well-known Mayo Clinic's repository of child health information
- Johns Hopkins Children's Center
Johns Hopkins Children's Center offers one of the most comprehensive pediatric medical programs in the country.
- Emory Healthcare
- Dekalb Medical Center
Traveling with children requires special planning and preparation, especially when travelling abroad. There are many things parents should consider when traveling with children of any age.
Visit the CDC™ Traveling with Children page for helpful resources on travel including:
- Safe food and water precautions, diarrhea management and insect protection when traveling abroad
- Modifying the immunization schedule
- Traveling while pregnant
- Travel and breastfeeding
- International adoptions