Welcome to Our Practice
Decatur Pediatric Group has specialized in comprehensive medical care for infants, children, and adolescents for more than 20 years and we would love to get to know you and your family better. Our commitment is to help children reach their highest potential by working with parents to promote and maintain their child’s physical and emotional well-being from birth up to college years. We offer a variety of services like Allergy Testing, Behavioral Health help, Newborn Care, Vaccinations and Well visits. Our board-certified pediatricians believe that accessibility, understanding, and comfort are the cornerstones for an exceptional pediatric practice. To achieve this goal, we offer convenient office hours, helpful patient resources and an outstanding level of support and expertise. So whether you’re visiting for the first time or the hundredth time, you’ll receive the same quality, educational and compassionate service with every appointment.
Please take a few moments to explore our informational website. We hope you will find our site easy to navigate and informative. This website gives you easy access to our practice, including directions to our locations, hours of operations, payment policies, information about our physicians and our services, and even a link to request an appointment. It also includes answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.
If you have any questions or want to schedule your child’s first visit to our office, feel free to contact us today. We want to thank you for choosing Decatur Pediatric Group for your child’s medical care and welcome you to our practice. We can assure you that you’ll feel confident in our ability to meet and exceed your expectations. Please call our office if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment.
During this COVID-19 pandemic, Decatur Pediatric Group wants to ensure that your family is safe when you come to see us. We want you to know that we have taken extra steps to keep you and your child safe including following the American Academy of Pediatrics and the CDC guidelines to enhance our cleaning practices, promote universal protection including masks and gloves, minimize your time in our public spaces and protect our staff.
Here are steps we have implemented in our practice to address these areas:
Wearing Personal Protections
1) We have implemented Universal Masking for all staff
2) We are asking all patients and parents wear masks/facial converings on arrival
3) When we are examining your child, all staff will wear basic PPE (gloves, goggles, and masks)
Enhanced Office Cleanliness and Reduced Contact
- We have removed all toys, books and magazines from exam rooms and common areas
- We have enhanced our cleaning practices on all high touch surfaces (doorknobs, exam tables, etc.) by cleaning multiple times per day
- We are using disposable pencils to sign in. Please feel free to bring your own to your visit
- We are offering online check-in through our patient portal and handling payments virtually (when possible)
- We have created a physical distancing barrier between front desk and patients.
- We are actively screening patients prior to visit for any symptoms or exposures to avoid unnecessary visits
- We are redirecting those with mild symptoms to phone consultation or Telehealth (if available)
- We are screening patients who arrive immediately and direct those with symptoms to a designated sick room
- We are offering all patients to check in at the desk or by phone upon arrival and return to their vehicles until the provider is ready to begin their visit.
- We have changed the patient flow through the practice to minimize contact with others by:
a) Actively limiting number of persons in waiting area and check in to maintain social distancing
b) Scheduling well, sick and the most vulnerable patients at specific times of day to keep them separated.
c) Designating separate sick and well exam rooms
d) Allowing Patients to checked out in the room and leave via separate exit
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please remember that our office hours have changed temporarily. Well exams are primarily scheduled in the morning and sick appointments in the afternoon. We are very proud to be one of the first pediatric practices to offer Virtual visits and they are now available from 8am - 5 pm Monday through Friday. Please see our website and video for more details.
Decatur Pediatric Group, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Emergency departments, Urgent Care Centers, and ambulatory clinics are NOT collection sites for COVID-19 testing.
We are adhering to a mitigation strategy to keep our community healthy and request that children and families who do not need medical care remain at home and have a virtual visit instead.
Currently diagnostic testing is only occurring in children who are severely ill with respiratory symptoms and whose care would benefit from results, or for whom our public health partners deem testing is necessary due to symptoms and exposure history.
- Laboratory Services
- Allergy Testing
- Asthma Testing
- New Parent Classes
- Behavioral Health Counseling
- ADHD Testing
- Virtual Visits
- Healthy Life Training from the start
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is an organization of 66,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, and pediatric surgical specialists dedicated to the health, safety, and well-being of all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. As part of that commitment, the AAP publishes expert advice for parents, caregivers, and patients on Pediatric Patient Education. Information can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and many titles also are available in Spanish.